Re: root partition on geli+gmirror

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 11:04:22PM +0100, OxY wrote:
+> hi!
+>
+> now, i'm in the last phase, the encrypted system is bootable, everything
+> is set, need to go!
+> booting fs is (/dev/mirror/plex0s1a)
+> but i can't boot... the system asks for password for the encrypted file system (/dev/mirror/plex0s2.elia) before mounting the root fs..
+> after it's done booting sequence prints the usual geli attach msg, then goes on..
+> and then..it hangs, mountroot:> line, need to type in the valid path for the root fs
+> however i did it before to the fstab..
+> /dev/mirror/plex0s2.elib             none            swap    sw 0       0
+> /dev/mirror/plex0s2.elia             /               ufs     rw 1       1
+>
+> after i type in the:  ufs:mirror/plex0s2.elia  path then boot goes on, everythings fine,
+> system boots up!
+> did i do anything wrong, or theres something mess around geli+gmirror combo..
+> before the mirroring i tested geli alone, and it booted up well, without any problem..
+> may i attach any log, output, etc?

Can you try to add /etc/fstab file to the device from which you are
booting (where you have /boot/ directory)?

pjd@xxxxxxxxxxx                           http://www.FreeBSD.org