A pointed question: Re Java (wasRe: A pointed question: SMP directions...)

david.myers@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> this nifty dual Pentium Pro box.  As it happens, I also work for Sun,
> doing mostly Java work.  So Solaris 2.6 looms large.

So, do you have any say in what goes in w/regard to JDK, or can you help
us (the FreeBSD folks) build a recent/working JDK for FreeBSD?

Assuming we get a port working, would it be possible for you to run
it through the 'checks' that Sun has to verify that it works, as well as
work with us in finding this sort of information?

The Linux folks have an advocate internally, and it would sure be nice
to get some FreeBSD support at Sun. :)

Nate