Re: A pointed question: Re Java (wasRe: A pointed question: SMP dir ections...)

> So, do you have any say in what goes in w/regard to JDK, or can you help
> us (the FreeBSD folks) build a recent/working JDK for FreeBSD?

No, sorry.  I hate to throw organizational nonsense at you, but JDK is
a JavaSoft product.  I work for Sun Microsystems Computer Company, the
division that makes all the hardware.  I'm a presales consultant,
largely involved in getting ISVs and customers on the Java bandwagon,
then hopefully using that to help drive hardware sales.

My resources on the JDK development and testing side are limited.

Having said all that, tell me what you need and I'll make a few phone
calls.  Who's the Linux guy?

-David

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^

David Myers                                                  Sun Microsystems
Java Technologist                                    david.myers@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Strategic Sales Area                                           (650) 614-6907

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^