Re: which JDK to use?

Mark Diekhans said:

>Hi Niall,
>
>   I have been doing a fair amount Java server development (i.e. not GUI)
>on FBSD...

[...]
>> - use the Linux port in emulation mode
>
>This has been working so well for me that I have never found the time
>to try the native port.  So far, the only problem I had was a JDBC
>driver that didn't work.

Ditto.  The only problem I can see is that linking the JVM with 'native'
code (something that I unfortunately need to do) would require building
Linux shared libs.  Otherwise it works perfectly.

	Scott

Scott Mitchell          | PGP Key ID |"If I can't have my coffee, I'm just
<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   | 0xE8A64271 | like a dried up piece of roast goat"
QMW College, London, UK |            |     -- J. S. Bach.