Javadoc management [ was Re: bsd.java.mk ]

* Jesse McConnell <jesse@xxxxxxxxxx> [020227 13:37]:

> I wanted to comment on that bsd.java.mk file.  I really like the
> idea of adding it as I am working jboss ports at the moment.  I should
> make that a lot easier.  One note that I think we might want to consider
> is where javadoc information could go.

> Perhaps if those are chosen to be installed then we could install them
> into ${PREFIX}share/doc/java .  All javadoc apis could be installed into
> subdirs based on port name and then tweak a html file in that java
> directory adding the link to that subdir's api info.  Then flash a
> message at the end of the port install mentioning that the docs are
> browsable via a local browser or by linking to that directory from
> perhaps /usr/local/www/data.  That would all people to link in a page or
> directory which would provide access to all javadoc info.

That's a brilliant idea - I tried getting this to work when I first
started with computers, and had to give up on it
(mainly because in those days I had enough trouble getting my head
round a command line to worry too hard about it).

Has anyone tried using javadoc on the jars to regenerate a doc tree?
This would have the benefit of integrating references between APIs.

How long does your beard get before it finishes?

--
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in
the proper order then why can't he?