Re: JDK1.5.0-p2/amd64 offen crash

Michael Vince wrote:

Yes I have been able to crash it very easily with my own Java servlets as well.

use libpthread in this case ?

Firstly I recommend you do not use the libthr threading library for Java, especially on AMD64/EMT64 setups as it does indeed appear to be quite unstable. After some extensive benchmarking on my stuff I have decided libthr is not good with Java unlike using it for MySQL or Apache.

You are right, revert back to libpthread, jdk1.5.0-p2 is more stable. I did not get crash on 3 servers in 8 hours.
I do not recognize java+libthr is bad idea in amd64.
Thank you!

--hwh

With libthr it might help to increase your thread limits, I have this in sysctl.conf
kern.threads.max_threads_per_proc=40000
kern.threads.max_groups_per_proc=40000

If you want to try alternative threading setups I recommend trying this one.
[/usr/local/jdk1.5.0/]
libc_r.so.6 libpthread.so.2 # Everything now uses 'libpthread'
libc_r.so               libpthread.so   #

Mike