Re: Device polling heavy traffic

On Monday 26 December 2005 19:22, Mihai Tanasescu wrote:

> 3 x 100 Mbits/s links (used at 80% capacity)  - 3 x Intel  100 fxp
>
> 1 x 1000 Gbit link to a cisco router (transfers downstream the other  3
> links) - 1 x Intel em
>

> I'm getting something arround 100k pkt/sec input and 100k pkt/sec output
> as "systat -ip 1" shows.

I guess fxp do not support polling but there is another value, you may try
"ifconfig fxpN link0"

anyway on SMP polling is not supported at all I believe

I had strange problems with fxp interfaces when more than one installed, I got
better results when setting media with ifconfig instead of autoselect but at
the end I through them out and use 3Com now which do not give me any problem
at all

btw I am talking about releng_6

what I thought wired your dmesg is showing AMD Features ...

Hans