making FreeBSD run on Linksys routers

Hi,

Has anybody heard of any effort of making FreeBSD run on Linksys
routers, for example, the WRT54G series.  They use a broadcom
chip that is based on MIPS.  I know they have Linux work on
the Linksys routers so it should be possible to get FreeBSD to
run as well.

I know that NetBSD does run on MIPS (but making it run on the
Linksys router may still involve significant amount of work), but I am more familar with FreeBSD and from a study I looked at,
FreeBSD has better network performance.

Can anyone provide some insight on how much work it will take to
make FreeBSD run on the Broadcom chip?

Thanks,

Cheng

--