need help on AMD architecture

Hi There,

         Presently i am using "Celeron-600 on
SiS-630". I know "FreeBSD" will work on my system and
ordered "FreeBSD 5.4 CDs" (2 montsh ago) from UK for
Intel "i386" architecture.Now in the november2005 i
want to purchase a new computer (as i have an old &
quite slow machine).

I am thinking of buying AMD-sempron 2500+. The only
thing i want to know is whether same CDs, i ordered
for i386 architecture will work on AMD-Sempron or do i
need to purchase a different CD set.

What about "i386" CDs on AMD64 archictecture? Do they
work?

i will be really thankfull to you for your help.

"fraser"

"the Great Intellectuals"

http://farechase.yahoo.com