Re: need help on AMD architecture

Fraser <fraser_feb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > I am thinking of buying AMD-sempron 2500+. The only
 > thing i want to know is whether same CDs, i ordered
 > for i386 architecture will work on AMD-Sempron or do i
 > need to purchase a different CD set.
 >
 > What about "i386" CDs on AMD64 archictecture? Do they
 > work?

They work on all i386-compatible processors, which includes
the AMD Sempron and AMD64 processors (in 32bit mode).

Note that there is also a special amd64 version of FreeBSD
which runs on AMD64 hardware in 64bit mode.  But the i386
CDs will work fine, too.

Best regards
   Oliver

"The scanf() function is a large and complex beast that often does
something almost but not quite entirely unlike what you desired."
        -- Chris Torek