Re: Target Mode FC

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 12:20:02AM -0700, Scott Long wrote:

> MegaRAID is supported very well on little-endian machines (notice the
> emphasis here),

Bah.  Would it be a simple case of endian-ness cleanup, or is there more to it
than that?

> though I'm not sure what that has to do with your
> question about FC target mode.

Need something to offer to the FC network!!  ;)

> >Short of that, whare are good supported SATA cards?  How about the SiL 3114
> >cards?
>
> There are a number of issues with SiI chips which make it hard to write
> a reliable driver.

That's not good news, although honestly, I've never had good luck with SiL in the
past on other OSes either.

> There are several good choices for SATA RAID, though
> the drivers likely are not endian-clean.

Ok, tossing the endian-ness issue to the side (I'm willing to clean up the drivers
if I can) which are the prefered SATA RAID controllers for FreeBSD?  The MegaRAID
150-4 looked good to me. ;)

-brian
--
"The reason I don't use Gnome: every single other window manager I know of is
very powerfully extensible, where you can switch actions to different mouse