Re: VLAN v.s. NIC with VLAN hardware support bug.

Daniel C. Sobral wrote, On 12/21/02 00:31:

Dan Lukes wrote:

>         If there somebody failing to configure vlans on a nic with
> vlan-hardware support - read the PR 46405 (patch attached).
>
>         It's apply to both current and stable.

Does fxp have hardware support for vlans? I use vlans extensively and
never noticed a problem.

IFAIK no. I tried it also during debug of my problem. But it doesn't support 1000BaseTX, so it isn't decision for my purpose.

The only cards with HW vlan support on STABLE are nge, bge, txp, gx, em, ti (ti aren't affected by reported bug as it strips the priority bits at driver level).

							Dan

--
Dan Lukes     tel: +420 2 21914205, fax: +420 2 21914206
root of  FIONet, KolejNET,  webmaster  of www.freebsd.cz