Re: vi, ksh93, XFree86 and FreeBSD-stable 4.7#1

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 17:26, redjupiter wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I use ksh93 as my shell. Works fine until I use X Window and then exit
> back to the shell, then I can't run vi it complains about resources
> "Temporarily out of resources" error.  If you I log out and then login
> then it is ok.

How are you starting X?

I use gdm to login under X.  I use ksh93 as my login shell.  Which
version of ksh are you using (how recently did you cvsup your ports?)

There are various problems with older versions of ksh93, but the recent
versions have been relatively stable.

We need more info about your setup.  Are you trying to start Gnome or
KDE or what?  Are you using gdm or xdm or startx or what?

/Joe