Re: need help for DSDT for an Epox Amd64 MB

On Monday 23 January 2006 11:49, Bruno Ducrot wrote:

> > good to know as well, what means supposed my cards are ok the motherboard
> > has issues right
>
> Can't tell for sure if you don't test without ACPI loaded.
> It may be possible after all the apci_thermal subsystem trigger a
> (false) overheat situation which may explain a sudden shutdown.

very nice because exactly this is what I thought, still more likely since the
sudden "off" happens after a certain time when compiling world or other
processor expensive tasks

any hint how I can get closer to know this? Am I right that the shutdown comes
from the motherboard in this case so there is not so very much to do for the
OS?

normally I find 20 up to 23
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 21.8C
but unfortunatly I never could get it in time when it shut off

there is an option in the BIOS as "ACPI Shutdown Temp" but it is disabled

I just compiled cpufrequency into the kernel and enabled BIOS Smartfan CPU
Temp to see what I get

hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage: 100.00%
machdep.cpu_idle_hlt: 1
dev.cpu.0.%desc: ACPI CPU
dev.cpu.0.%driver: cpu
dev.cpu.0.%location: handle=\_PR_.CPU0
dev.cpu.0.%pnpinfo: _HID=none _UID=0
dev.cpu.0.%parent: acpi0
dev.cpu.0.freq: 2000
dev.cpu.0.freq_levels: 2000/67000 1800/64700 1000/28600
dev.acpi_perf.0.%parent: cpu0
dev.powernow.0.%parent: cpu0
dev.cpufreq.0.%driver: cpufreq
dev.cpufreq.0.%parent: cpu0