Re: need help for DSDT for an Epox Amd64 MB

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 10:49:02AM -0200, JoaoBR wrote:

> > > You could get rid of the "_" anywhere NVRAIDBUS occurs.  But this should
> > > have nothing to do with causing resets.
> >

> good to know, after it iasl compiles fine with only an WAK warning as
> Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)
>
> > IIRC it is an error to put non-alphanumeric onto an _HID node, but
> > ACPI-CA interpreter is able to handle this situation.  IOW iasl will
> > give up if such error is done and is to compiling such ASL, but the
> > in-kernel AML interpreter should interprete such things correctly.
> >
> > If the ASL contains only this error, it won't help the OP to override
> > the DSDT.
>

> good to know as well, what means supposed my cards are ok the motherboard has
> issues right

Can't tell for sure if you don't test without ACPI loaded.
It may be possible after all the apci_thermal subsystem trigger a
(false) overheat situation which may explain a sudden shutdown.

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.