Re: FreeBSD 6.0 - ACPI & SuperMicro 370DL3 DUAL CPUs + Detection

M.Linneman wrote:
I am currently running FreeBSD 6.0 and I am attempting to run in a Dual CPU
environment. I have not been able to get the second CPU to detect. I have
had a discussion with someone in a popular FreeBSD help forum and as a
result it was suggested that I report my problem to you as it seems to be a
problem with the ACPI.

My system:

2x - Pentium III 1Ghz CPU's

2x - 512MB ECC SDRAM (1 GB Total)

1x - SuperMicro 370DL3 Motherboard (latest BIOS)

As per the handbooks submission guidelines I have included (linked) the
following:

I appreciate you sending all the info, but there's one key piece missing. Does booting with ACPI disabled fix this? If not, there's no way it can be an acpi problem. Select the "disable ACPI" option from the daemon loader or enter:

hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"

at the loader prompt.

--
Nate