Re: Service Classes

Thanks for the offer , do you mean that your driver
can define VCs of minimum 64Kbps increments ?
or that the smallest VC it can do is 64Kbps ?

has anyone tried to make a ATM switch/router with FreeBSD ?

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:35:41 -0700 (PDT)
Richard Hodges <rh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Christophe Prévotaux wrote:
>
> > oops I am not a programmer , I doubt I can succeed in making this work
> > however since the PCA200E does not support CBR it does not fit my needs
> >
> > I think I will have to look at the prosum card or the marconi HE155 cards
> > but all these have Linux drivers but no FreeBSD drivers
>
> If you are interested in cards other than the PCA200E, the IDT 77211
> might do the trick.  As Mark Tinguely mentioned, it is capable of CBR,
> VBR, and UBR.  Although the VBR is rather limited, CBR is decent.
>
> I am not sure of the status of CBR on Mark's IDT driver, but if you
> would like to try mine, it has a granularity of 64kb/s:
>   http://www.hodges.org/rh/code/if_idt.tar.gz
>
> > > That's fairly easy: you have to write value 0x90 in SUNI register
> > > 0x46 for SONET and value 0x94 for SDH.
>
> If anyone is interested, this could be a simple sysctl variable, which
> the interrupt routine could check and act on if needed.
>
> All the best,
>
> -Richard

Christophe Prevotaux                  Email: c.prevotaux@xxxxxxxxxx
HEXANET SARL                            URL: http://www.hexanet.fr/
Z.A Farman Sud                          Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05
9 rue Roland Coffignot               Direct: +33 (0)3 26 79 08 02
BP415                                   Fax: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 06
51689 Reims Cedex 2
FRANCE