Re: Service Classes

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Christophe Pr�votaux wrote:

> Thanks for the offer , do you mean that your driver
> can define VCs of minimum 64Kbps increments ?
> or that the smallest VC it can do is 64Kbps ?

Yes :-)  The IDT 77211 works on cell "slots" in a transmit schedule table.
My driver has the slots set up for 2075 slots of 64k each. They actually
work out to 64003 bits per second, but that should be close enough :-)

> has anyone tried to make a ATM switch/router with FreeBSD ?

A switch would be quite a project, if cell spacing and latency is to
be preserved.  Hardware support is probably needed for that.

-Richard