Re: binup project

On 2003.03.06 14:59:00 +0200, Michael Spector wrote:

> Can anybody say me what is the status of this project?
I don't think anybody are actively working on the project at the moment.
A few months ago I started a development document but I have not gotten
much further since I stranded on how to deal with a few issues (mainly
handling of version numbers and patches).

> Is this possible to participate?
Certainly - anything to get things going would be very helpful.

I think the current code should be replaced with something based on
HTTP, but I don't know what other people on the lists things about that.

A few pointers :

http://www.freebsd.org/projects/updater.html
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/projects/binup/
http://simon.nitro.dk/binup/binup-2003.html

I have coded a litle bit in PHP... mostly to try to organise my
thoughts on how binup could be done.
http://simon.nitro.dk/binup/code/server/

--
Simon L. Nielsen