Re: [Fwd: Bug followup?]

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 04:48:59AM -0400, Bill Schmitt (SW) wrote:
> I have received comments from other users with similar problems, but
> can't seem to raise anyone in development. Can you help?

The response is all driven by developer time and interest.  From what
I can tell from the GNATS statistics, the 'kern' PRs that are coming
in are primarily from 6.0 and secondarily from 5.4 and -CURRENT systems.
Almost none come in from 4.X.  (The commits are almost entirely to 6.0
and -CURRENT at this point).  This, to me, indicates that this is where
the src developers are doing all their work.

The disk code in 6.0 has been rewritten twice since the 4.9 days and
is thus not instructive for you.

I can't really give you much more to go on than that.  It would take
someone with the exact same hardware who could do a binary search of
the source changes to narrow down exactly when things broke.

The reality of the situation is that we have far more demand for
developers than we have developers.

mcl