Re: FreeBSD bug tracking system database request

Roman Neuhauser wrote:
>     In other words: do you have concrete suggestions for documentation
>     of this aspect of the system? Where would you expect to see it
>     mentioned (more prominently)?

Well, in the last years, open source is becoming a research topic from
different points of view (software engineering, socioeconomic issues, etc).

All this research is using the same data sources, that are (mainly)
CVS/SVN repositories, bug tracking systems information and mailing lists
archive.

Maybe you could add an appendix to the handbook, with a title like
"Free/Open Source software research", with information for researchers
about how to obtain a copy of the CVS repository, a copy of the GNATS
database and a copy of the mailing list archive. Even, you could add
information about published papers which are taking FreeBSD as a case
study (if you are interested, I can give you some references).

Sorry for the delay in this reply.

Thank you.
--
Israel Herraiz              | Libre Software Engineering Lab (GSyC)
herraiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  | Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
http://libresoft.urjc.es    | c/Tulipán s/n 28933 Móstoles (Madrid)