Re: Removing the freebsd-config list

On Thursday 01 April 2004 04:43 pm, David Wolfskill wrote:
> >Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:10:16 -0800
> >From: Kris Kennaway <kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: config@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >Cc: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: Removing the freebsd-config list
> >
> >This mailing list gets nothing but misfiled support emails that should
> >go to questions@ (presumably the belief is that "freebsd-config" is
> >the mailing list for "help with configuring FreeBSD")...I think it
> >should just be removed.
>
> OK; I'm willing to accept that.

I think the list should die as well.  There's also an install list that has
similar problems (if it even exists anymore, I unsubscribed from that one a
while back).

> However, I don't know what the next step ought to be in the process.

I would send a message to the list saying that you are going to actually
remove it, then remove it from the list of active mailing lists on the
webpage, and finally just turn off the alias.  I would still leave the
archives around of course.

--
John Baldwin <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxx>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/