Re: A pointed question: Re Java (wasRe: A pointed question: SMP dir ections...)

> > So, do you have any say in what goes in w/regard to JDK, or can you help
> > us (the FreeBSD folks) build a recent/working JDK for FreeBSD?
>
> No, sorry.  I hate to throw organizational nonsense at you, but JDK is
> a JavaSoft product.  I work for Sun Microsystems Computer Company, the
> division that makes all the hardware.  I'm a presales consultant,
> largely involved in getting ISVs and customers on the Java bandwagon,
> then hopefully using that to help drive hardware sales.

*sigh*  At least I tried. :)

> My resources on the JDK development and testing side are limited.
>
> Having said all that, tell me what you need and I'll make a few phone
> calls.  Who's the Linux guy?

I don't remember his name, let me go see if I can find it.  (Waiting,
waiting, waiting for the WWW).

I *believe* his name is Steve Byrne, but I'm not sure.  I know he's
doing alot of the Java Linux work.  Yep, I just found it that he posted
from Sun originally, but he gets his replies sent to the GNU site.

From: Steve Byrne <sbb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Steve Byrne <sbb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
sbb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nate