Re: which JDK to use?

On Dec 7, 12:13pm, Mark Diekhans wrote:
} Subject: Re: which JDK to use?

> Hi Niall,
>
>    I have been doing a fair amount Java server development (i.e. not GUI)
> on FBSD...

I just gave up on solaris 2.6/Intel, its too damn slow, and i've been
having problems with my window manager's stability that I am hoping to
cure by moving to FreeBSD.  (I even recompiled XFree86 on Solaris 2.6,
didn't help)

> > - use the Linux port in emulation mode
>
> This has been working so well for me that I have never found the time
> to try the native port.  So far, the only problem I had was a JDBC
> driver that didn't work.

Cool, I am just doing command-line type stuff so this won't affect me.

> I wouldn't let the warning about JDB not working in the native
> port deter you; JDB has proven so slow that its not worth the
> trouble on every platform I have tried it on.

Hmm, is it even useful?  I gave it a brief glance, it seems it can only
invoke the toString() methods on a function, not very useful.

Do you know of any good debuggers that I can use for Java under FreeBSD?

Thanks for your help,  I'll give the linux version a shot.

Niall