Re: which JDK to use?

>From: njs3@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Niall Smart)
>I just gave up on solaris 2.6/Intel, its too damn slow, and i've been
>having problems with my window manager's stability that I am hoping to
>cure by moving to FreeBSD.  (I even recompiled XFree86 on Solaris 2.6,
>didn't help)

Sun doesn't really seem to care about Solaris/Intel, and this is
understandable, as they make their money on hardware.  FreeBSD has been
a wonderfully stable and powerful development environment.

>Do you know of any good debuggers that I can use for Java under FreeBSD?

System.out.println() :_)

Seriously, it works pretty well. At least 60% of the bugs I have encountered
can be figured out by looking at the exception stack.  For the rest, I have
found Java to have a rather fast compile-run cycle, as the classes tend to be
small.  Sticking in println's and reruning might be crude, but its been a lot
faster then waiting on JDB. Designing some debugging tracing from the start
is not a bad idea.

Have fun,
Mark