Re: Diffs for 1.1.2 (fwd)

> > > As promised, I am releasing the diffs for the JDK 1.1.2 port to
> > > FreeBSD.
> > >
> > > The URL is
> > > "ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/jdk1.1.2-fbsd1.diff.gz"
> >
> > Are there any special instructions on how to use these, or necessary
> > steps needed to get the build tree setup?  Any pre-requisites (requiring
> > any particular port/package, etc..?)
>
> You'll need some external utilities, but nothing very exotic:
>
> o A shareable Motif 1.2.x library
> o Korn shell (in /bin/ksh, and in /usr/local/bin/ksh)
> o GNU make (gmake)
> o GNU m4 (gm4)
> o "unzip" and "zip"
> o A functionnal JDK 1.02 port (installed in /usr/local/java/latest,
>   I think).  If you have any other JDK 1.1, such as mine, it'll work as
>   well.

Great, how about any special build trees, or mods to the original source
tree?

I note the top of the diff contains lines like this, and there is no
javasrc/build/freebsd tree anywhere. :)

*** orig/build/freebsd/GNUmakefile      Wed May 28 02:52:10 1997
--- javasrc/build/freebsd/GNUmakefile   Thu Nov 13 20:08:43 1997

(Sorry for being intentionally obtuse, but I'd like others to know all
the steps required to build it...)

Nate

ps. I *just* got email from Sun pointing me at the JDK1.1.5 sources,
download in progress. :) :)