TIP: iLO remcons doesn't connect consistently

Just to document this, in case others hit the situation ...

The one 'issue' that I've had so far with the new DL360 G4p was that when I tried to enabled 'remcons' from an ssh connection into iLO, it wouldn't always give me a console ... if I unplugged the server from the wall, and re-plugged it in and tried then, it worked fine .. if I unplugged it yet again and plugged it back in again, it *might* work, it might now ...

After some searching, I found something that *sounded* similar on HPs forums, where the suggested fix was to go through the web interface, under Network Settings, and make sure you disable the WINS stuff ...

*So* far, each time I've unplugged/plugged it back in again, I've been able to successfully get a remcons through iLO ... going to try it a few more times before I ship it out, but *so far* things seem to be good ...

----
Email: scrappy@xxxxxxx           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664