Re: SSH with Public Key Authentication (Was: Re: Attention: Giorgos Keramidas (Was: CVS Import Permissions))

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 11:27:54AM +1100, david bryce wrote:
> What about on the freebsd server side? Are there any logfiles I can
> look at on the server? Thanks!

I often find it more useful to temporarily run a second sshd on an
alternate port, with stderr directed to the console and sshd in
no-detach and debug mode. Try the following:

    $ sshd -d -d -d -e -D -p 222

Then watch the output as you try to connect on that port

    $ sshd myhost -p 222

If you'd like, you can redirect the output to a file, too, but I
find that screen(1)'s scrollback usually is enough for me.

--

| jabber:..wcmaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | email:..........wcmaier@xxxxxxx |