Re: fxp0 device - Intel NIC

Hi all,

it is a good idea to change the MAC but ...

I originally had a 10 MB (3COM) and 100MB (REALTEK)

the 10 on the internal network
and the realtek on the modem-cable.

I took out the 10 and so the realtek became connected to the internal network and installed the fxp on the cable modem.

I am not sure there is an easy way, otherwise I'll have to fireup Windows (dormant on my second harddisk) and re-register with my ISP.

NOTE: The funny thing is that I originally had FreeBSD 5.0 RC1 (it is OK I knew the risks :-) ) and cvsuped to the latest code. I recompiled the kernel to include fxp, rebooted and hell broke loose. Kernel panic on some interrupts (I think because it shares interrupt 9 maybe) and I could not get into the hard disk, or I did not know how to properly (I am not expert when it comes to disasters). So I reinstalled 4.7. I need to take notes next time.

Cheers