Re: TIP: iLO remcons doesn't connect consistently

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, jmc wrote:

One thing to realize is that iLO is ON even if the server is powered off.
However, when you pull the power plug on the server, it will remove power to
iLO (obviously) and hence plugging it back in will, in effect, "reboot" the
iLO.

This I realized ... the problem was that this was occuring just after plugging it in, before I'd even had a chance to load up the web page, or connect via SSH ... and I'm on a closed network right now, with me the only one with either web or ssh access to the server, so it isn't as if someone else took control on me ...

Is there a way of issuing a 'reboot' from the ssh interface? I know I can go in through the web and just click apply in the network settings screen, but ...

Also, iLO only allows a single REMCONS session at a time. If you have one session running, you won't be able to start another one until the first one is closed.

Similar to above ... any way of issuing a 'disconnect' from the ssh login? Or does it require that setting in Network Connections for this?